The TM9946 is the largest non-custom touchpad surface we offer and is ideal for OEM integration into a wide variety of products requiring a high-performance input device. It is designed to utilize both PS/2® and USB communication protocols. We also offer custom overlays to match your design requirements.
- Touch control pads
- Industrial control panels
- Kiosk input devices
- Medical instruments
- Security devices
- Point-of-sale devices
- Gaming devices
- Large sensing area
- Both PS/2 & USB (10-pin connector) compatibility
- Low power consumption
- Easy product integration due to thin, lightweight design and onboard mechanical buttons
- No maintenance required – Sealable design is immune to dust and abuse
- Superior navigation and high responsiveness
- Windows®-compatible embedded features mean no additional drivers needed
Power efficiency of any application is improved with an "idle mode," where the touchpad’s current draw is reduced when a finger is not touching its surface.
The touchpad is fully compatible with standard Windows® mouse drivers. No additional driver is required to activate many of its advanced features. Hardware-configurable options on the module allow for taps (function as left-button clicks), corner-taps (function as right-button clicks), vertical scroll (functions as mouse scroll wheel) and more, depending on the specific application.
For custom functionality at the product design stage, we offer software that allows OEMs to enable, disable or personalize advanced settings and/or reprogram the touch sensitive area.